Monday, October 2, 2017

Are the bullets anymore deadly? Uneducated? Racist? Theophbia?

October 2, 2017

Dear President Trump,

Last night I went to bed early, read a book and called it a night. Today I woke up to news that was not pleasant. I take the time as I always do to check the information from several sources. I said a prayer for the survivors and their families. They have much pain and suffering to deal with.

Then my thoughts went to the shooter. I am not terribly concerned about how they label the man. Murderer, terrorist, white, all seem to be accurate. My husband and I are polar opposites on many issues, and he asked me an interesting question. "If were murdered in something like this would you care what race the shooter was?"

My immediate answer was "hell no". I would simply be devastated and feel hopeless in the beginning. I wouldn't even be angry yet. I would be numb.

Then he said "Why are people saying he is not Muslim?" I don't know why they would say that. At this point I don't really know that his religion has been discussed. Are people so uneducated they believe that "Muslim" is a race?



No comments:

Post a Comment