Thursday, November 10, 2016



   
Living in the moment and enjoying life as it happens is amazing, exciting and a great way to approach life, but after the moment is better. You have a memory. No one can really steal a memory, they are in there somewhere and it is my firm belief that when we pass away those are the treasure we take with us to share with those who have gone before and enjoy with those who will come later. I don't think I am very religious, but I think our spirits are eternal. Imagine the possibilities. Wouldn't you want your memories to go with you?

When you look back at something, often times the fond memories are better than the real event. A disaster can be remembered as an adventure.

We have some very dear friends who were in a flood. They called us and didn't tell us the problem. They just asked if we could come look at something. We go there and realized how serious the situation was. Long story short we were able to save the house and the shop with lots of help from gathering other friends as well. While it was happening it was scary, sad and emotional. Ten years latter we can laugh, remember how everyone worked together and be grateful for the whole experience.

My advice (not that anyone is asking) is keep a journal. When it comes right down to it, you want to share your memories and you want to be able to reflect, learn and grow. My journals keeps me true to myself and helps me recognize when I have gone so off track, that I must get back to my core. (Hmm, I wonder if I am the only one who goes off track?

No comments:

Post a Comment