Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Can anyone give me an answer?





May 29th

Dear Mr. President,

It has been a long hard day full of many emotions. I suppose it is that way for many. I visited Mom’s grave and left some flowers. I watched the placing of the wreath that you did.(nicely done) I watched the ceremony for fallen soldiers at our local cemetery. (They still can get the flag right, but I give up.)

I had some concerns about a commercial I saw. I tried to discuss with my husband, a veteran, that was not a good idea. It was a commercial asking for donations so the soldiers had the right kind of camouflage. I said, doesn’t the military issue that?

He went off on a tyrade. “Yes, when you enlist but when they wear out you have to make the purchase.” Since he served in Vietnam era I am guessing things may have changed. I don’t know. I do find it odd that there is commercial that is requesting donations to purchase the right color for the soldiers.

I am asking a real question, Is this true? Do we not provide the soldiers with the correct uniforms they need when they need them?  This is an open question. Anyone can let me know the answer. It is important to me.

Thanks,

Trenna

No comments:

Post a Comment