Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sanctuary Cities

February 21

I find the whole term Sanctuary Cities, an impossible and unlikely goal, unless other cities want to compete with Chicago for the highest number of shootings and deaths. Please take the time to read the entire post before you send me an angry email.

I am not implying that all or any of these serious crimes are being perpetrated by people who are  here illegally. I am saying that when a Mayor determines which laws apply in the city, that is no longer a Mayor, but a dictator of that city.

The idea that cities can pick and choose which laws the local police department will choose to follow corruption, bias, lack of order is sure to follow. There is a big difference between welcoming immigrants and welcoming illegal and undocumented immigrants.  For those cities who choose to say, “We are proud to welcome all”, they should have to foot the bill for those who are here illegally.

I really don’t want my tax dollars giving benefits to illegal immigrants. I do not want to give them food stamps and services. They don’t belong here. They are here illegally and that is a crime. I am not inhumane. They are able to go through other routes to get services who choose to help them. I assume illegals can return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment