Sunday, May 7, 2017

Now that was a speech!

March 1st

This speech began with a great tone. You make some politically correct statements to reach out to those who have been slighted. You present  a fairly optimistic in your first four paragraphs and I was happy with the general message.

Then I experienced my cringe. It came when I heard these four words that brought my heart to a quick feeling of despair “I will not allow”. I could see a flaw right there. I almost turned of the television. You are not all powerful. Statements like that belong to dictators, not elected officials of a “free country”.

You then switch to the need for changes and what you see as a wave of support. You talk about your wall. I think a wall is more symbolic than practical. (Maybe because they attache catapults to the current wall to fling over drugs.) I don’t know if we need a wall, however you promised a lot of people you were going to build one, so I guess you best.

(We’ll chat about this more, at least you have something to reflect on)

Trenna

No comments:

Post a Comment