Monday, September 25, 2017

Get off your knee and tell me what your issue is.

Your actions speak so loud ........I can't hear what you are saying.

Dear President Trump, NFL Player and Owners,

I am trying very hard to settle down, put things in order, and calm down. It is not as easy as one might think. I have a deep respect for the flag and the National Anthem and all that it stands for. As I watched team after team take a knee or not come out at all, I got angry. That flag wraps the coffin of fallen soldiers. I don't know what they are protesting or why they care what a bully (President Trump) says about it, they lost my respect when they showed disrespect to the flag and the National Anthem. To me those two things are sacred.

You athletes don't live in a perfect country. Many of you have been through rough times. I imagine many of you have faced racism and still you are able to make millions "PLAYING A GAME".  So find another symbol for your cause. Find something I can support.

If you want to teach me about racism and how I can help fight that, you will have to find a different peaceful protest than disrespecting the flag and the National Anthem.

I have new hero though Alejandro Villanueva went out by himself, and stood up for the anthem and the flag. I would assume he's had some bumps in his life as well.

So get t-shirts. Make commercials. Have a telethon Buy billboards, but don't show disrespect our sacred symbols - please.

Trenna

No comments:

Post a Comment