Thursday, September 28, 2017

Hang on a minute Trump!

September 28, 2017

Dear President Trump and NFL Players,

I am sure you just handed them enough rope for hanging. There is an immense difference between cannot and should not. We live in a country where people are free to make good and poor decisions and reap the rewards of both. Consequences are the best teacher.

You actually said

“It’s not a distraction at all because I’m doing a lot. We’ve passed over 50 pieces of legislation, we have a Supreme Court Judge, a much stronger military, much stronger borders now, we’re going to get the wall,” Trump told Hegseth. “The NFL cannot disrespect our country, they cannot disrespect our flag, or our national anthem.”

They can. They are and you cannot stop them. They have the right. Do I support them in showing this disrespect as a form of protest, no. It should be pointed out that those soldiers who come home in a box draped with that very flag died for their right to do it. I imagine most of those soldiers never dreamed it would be used in this way.

It doesn't make my husband, who is a veteran sad, it makes him angry and I get to deal with PTSD all revved up again. Thanks, so much NFL players for helping to return the anger that we have worked so hard to recover from. The dreams are back and he is at war again. So now, to me it more than an assault on the flag, I am in danger again. Maybe you didn't think of all the consequences your disrespect of the flag could bring back. When you are on that knee pray for him and me, because I am not safe when he believes he is in war zone protecting me.

Sad and worried.



No comments:

Post a Comment