Saturday, September 16, 2017

Poor Decisions

  September 16, 2017



Dear President Trump,

My father was very detailed in the way he raised us. We didn't always meet his expectations, by any means, and yet he made it clear what he wanted done.

When we made a poor decisions, he wanted us to take accountability. We were taught that was a sign of a strong, yet humble leader. He also taught us about impeccable integrity.

I don't believe that you were taught the same things that I was taught. I have never even heard you say "I could have made a better decision." There have been plenty of times that it would have been an appropriate decision. In fact, I have an example or maybe a few.

"Pocahantas" comes to mind. Name calling in general is not a great practice, and the tribal meeting I attended after you used this name in a derogatory manner was somber. I heard the question over and over "Why would he choose to disgrace us?" I had no answer that would suffice.

That would have been an appropriate time to say, "I didn't make the best decision."

Announcing that you thought Comey was the right man for the job, would have been an appropriate time to say "I didn't make the best decision."

I could go on, and yet I am sure some people get the idea. Do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment