Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Shame on the Cahokia Quarterback Club

September 20th, 2017

Dear President Trump,

Just wanted you to know that I call things as I see them. I don't just pick on you. 

Dear Cahokia Quarterback Club,

I believe you have some big problems to deal with and they need to be addressed NOW. Freedom of speech and the right to disrespect the flag should probably, as a matter of common sense be limited to adults.

Let me give you a copy of where I am getting my information.

"The 8-year-old kids from the Cahokia Quarterback Club football team took a knee as the anthem played before their Sunday, September 17 game, according to Fox Insider.
“One of the kids asked me if I saw [people] protesting and rioting in St. Louis,” Coach Orlando Gooden told the local Fox affiliate. “I said yes. I said, ‘Do you know why they are doing it?'”
The coach added that one of his players replied saying, “Because black people are getting killed and nobody’s going to jail.”
At that point, the coach claimed it was a “good teaching moment” and agreed to let the kids protest the anthem at the game:
“What I teach my kids is love, integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and boundaries,” the coach claimed.
Since the protest, Coach Gooden did note that he has received some blowback from people critical of the protest.
However, Gooden is unrepentant. “As long as I have support of my parents and team, I’m perfectly fine, and I’m covered under the First Amendment to peacefully protest and assemble,” he said.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston."

I see several holes and missing points in the story, so I am not certain how credible it is, but I would love to learn more because it may make me less angry at a Coach, who I assume is spreading hate. "People" get away with shooting people all the time, that is what lawyers get paid to do. The majority of black people that get shot are shot by black people, who according to the premise are not going to jail. Since race was brought it the facts have to shared and black on black crime is a fact. I don't believe people should be shooting each other and getting away with it.

I don't believe showing disrespect for the flag helps these shootings and injustice stop at all. In fact, I believe it creates more hate and crimes. I don't know if the coach check with all the parents to get their consent, but if he did "Shame on the parents as well."  I wish President Trump would call you out.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment