Friday, March 17, 2017

Resist

Dear President Trump,

I am not sure how to solve the problem, and yet I can clearly see the problem. There must be a logical, civil way to approach the whole "resistance" issue.

I would like to know what the Democrats are resisting. It would appear to me that it is just "everything". So I spend a few hours trying to read through how to impeach a Senator and what are impeachable offenses. I only wish I could afford an attorney to check it all out and see if it really time to clean house.

One of the most interesting impeachable reasons was treason. The dictionary definition of treason is " the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government". 

If I take that to the broadest term, I wonder if some of this resistance and lack of showing up for votes comes close to crossing the line. It really seems like there should be a way to fire people who simply resist doing their job. "In the real world" this simply wouldn't be allowed, why   should it be allowed in government?

What do you think?

Trenna

No comments:

Post a Comment